Introducing our very first edition of What's in Her Makeup Bag - featuring your local Skintologists. No one has the resources and budgets of celebrities (except celebrities) - so we're proud to showcase our amazing skincare experts and their beauty must-haves! Get to know our staff and our secrets to beautiful, healthy, glowing skin!
Today we're featuring Jessica H., Skintologist since December 2011. You can find Jessica H. at Skintology Midtown at 157 E. 57th Street, between 3rd and Lexington Avenues. Jessica is Skin Type 1, with a fair complexion and pink undertones. Her adorable freckles and bright blue eyes adds dimension to her face, so her daily make-up routine is light. However, there are a few things she absolutely swears by, and cannot live without!
1. Tory Burch Makeup Bag. While Jessica's particular makeup bag is no longer available, you can find a similar version here: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Tory-Burch-Stacked-Logo-Cosmetic-Case-Small-Accessories. No girl can live without at least one Tory Burch accessory (Reva Ballerina flats, anyone?) and this bag is the perfect size to hold just enough without being overwhelming.
2. Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery with SPF30. Not only does this Dermalogica moisturizer provide solid protection from the sun, its combination of polypeptides, glucosamine, and soy stimulates collagen to prevent aging and environmental damage. Jess loves the lightweight texture. Find it here: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod2152645 .
3. MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Springsheen. With her fair complexion, less is always more - and this MAC Blush is perfect! Adding just a hint of shimmer and color adds depth to Jessica's face without overwhelming it. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/156/329/Powder-Blush/index.tmpl .
4. Skintology Laboratories Wri-Lax Neuropeptide Anti-wrinkle Serum. No Skintologist would be complete without some Skintology in her bag! "The Wri-Lax serum is a perfect consistency - it's not too thick or oily like other serums tend to be," Jessica raves. (The Wri-Lax serum is currently only available in-store, so visit a Skintology Skin and Laser Center to snatch it up.)
5. Sormé Professional Series Fan Brush 965 and Blush Brush 951. Find these and other great brushes at: http://www.sorme.com/brushes_tools.php. "These brushes distribute product really evenly and they're soft!" Jess uses these brushes for highlighting with bronzer and blush.
Check out more of Jessica's favorites on Skintology's Pinterest, which she now edits and spearheads: www.pinterest.com/skintology . Jessica's awesome boards include "Au Natural" and "Fab. Skincare Products."